Help our storybook theme park flourish
Supportive friends and businesses help us in everything we do—from sprucing up our gardens to feeding Juan the alpaca. All contributions make an impact and ensure that we can thrive for another 60 years. We encourage you to make a tax-deductible donation today.
- $2,000 provides a field trip, including a Fairyland Magic Key, to two busloads of kindergartners—that’s 168 children and their adult chaperones
- $1,200 provides two classrooms of first-graders our full four-component program: two school visits with our outreach coordinator, curricula for the teacher, a book for the classroom, field trip with bus transportation, and Magic Keys and free passes for each child’s family to return to the park
- $575 covers the cost of a child in our one-on-one animal program
- $250 provides a summer camp scholarship
- $99 provides an annual membership to a low-income family
Children’s Fairyland is proud to be the recipient of the 2011 Oakland Chamber of Commerce Non-profit Impact Award and the 2010 Oaklandish Oakland Innovator Award.
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, Children’s Fairyland is eligible for grants, bond funds, and tax-deductible contributions of any amount. If you’re passionate about animals, you can even “adopt” one of Fairyland’s furry friends—see below for details.
We also appreciate sponsorships of specific events and programs, monthly pledges, matching gifts from employers, auction items for our annual fundraising Gala, and planned giving and bequests. Email us to receive a donation form.
Achieve great visibility by helping a great cause
Throughout our history, Children’s Fairyland has been fortunate to enjoy the generous support of the business community. It was a local business owner, Arthur Navlet, who first conceived of Fairyland in 1948. And it was thanks to the enthusiastic sponsorship of a still-thriving business group, the Lake Merritt Breakfast Club, that our theme park became a reality.
Today, our corporate partners contribute in many important ways to our mission. Recent donations include:
- Sponsored events at the park
- Plants and soil amendments for our gardens
- Feed and veterinary services for our animals
- Sponsorship of our annual fundraising Gala
- Gala auction items (including artwork, vacation packages, and gift certificates for merchandise and services)
- Goodie-bag gifts or sponsorship for Jack o’Lantern Jamboree and Fairy Winterland
We’d love to discuss ways your business can partner with Children’s Fairyland. Your support makes all the difference. Call us at (510) 452-2259 or send an email.
Have you or your children ever wished for a pony? Or a rabbit? Now you can fulfill that wish without worrying about yard space or cleanup.
Our Adopt-an-Animal program gives you the chance to sponsor the animal of your choice for as little as $30 a year. And that $30 will go a long way. Why not adopt an animal today?
Adoption levels and benefits
- Companion ($30)—personalized adoption certificate of the animal of your choice
- Best Friend ($50)—“companion” benefits plus a photo and history of your adopted animal
- Caretaker ($100)—all the above benefits plus a copy of The Adventures of Penny, The Rhode Island Red, written by Fairyland Animal Keeper Yvonne Backman and illustrated by Annie Wong of Fairyland’s Art and Restoration Department
- Keeper ($250)—all the above benefits plus two invitations to Adopt-an-Animal Day, which includes a behind-the-scenes tour, a talk by our animal keeper, and refreshments
- Guardian ($500)—all the above benefits plus a plush toy version of your adopted animal (if available)
At every level, your sponsorship helps us care for our animals and educate visitors about responsible stewardship of all animals, domestic or wild, rescued or donated.
Animals available for adoption:
Dori - Shetland Pony
Juan - Huacaya Alpaca
Gideon - Miniature Donkey
Chiquita Bonita - Miniature Donkey
Oatmeal & Raisin - Babydoll Sheep
Tina - Pygmy Goat
Mr. Bean - Nigerian Goat
Mini - Domestic Rabbit
Puddles - Pekin Duck