Celebrate in one of three themed party areas
We take care of all the details so you and your guests can focus on fun.
For one reasonable fee (just $23 per child, 10-child minimum), your group will enjoy the exclusive use of a themed party area, along with cupcakes, ice cream, party hats, and a Fairyland T-shirt and crown for the birthday boy or girl.
Most importantly, everyone gets to enjoy all of the park attractions—storybook sets, rides, puppet show, Children’s Theater, arts and crafts, and special performances—all day long.
Voted "Best Birthday Party Venue" by Parents' Press and Oakland Magazine!
Fairyland hosts catered birthday parties on Saturdays and Sundays, April through October, in one of three reserved party areas:
Cinderella: a themed area with a “slipper” slide; seats 30-40 children
Japanese Tea Garden: Japanese mural and interactive rain wheel; seats 20 children
Circus: Colorful tented area with teeter-totter; seats 40-50 children
The birthday-party fee is $23 per child and it includes:
- Unlimited playtime in Fairyland before and after the party
- Admission included for each child and one accompanying adult
- One hour’s exclusive use of a themed party area
- Cupcakes, made fresh for your party, and ice cream (chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry) plus lemonade for each child
- Place setting for each child in our basic balloon theme (other themes extra)
- Fairyland T-shirt for the birthday child
- Birthday crown, presented to birthday child at the puppet show
- A party host to set up and serve cupcakes, ice cream, and lemonade, and clean up after the party
Parties must have a minimum of 10 children. You will have the option to include extras (Magic Keys, favor bags, balloons) on the registration form. Review before you book info and party FAQs for more details.
Or download a birthday party request form, and fax or mail it back to us.
If you prefer to do it yourself, that’s great, too. Find out how to plan your own party.
We begin accepting reservations for catered birthday parties in mid-January.
Please book your party six to eight weeks in advance—our party areas fill up quickly, especially during spring and summer.
Before you book your party using our online booking system, please decide on:
- Party area selection, each area has a different maximum capacity of children
- Number of guests (10-child minimum; our program supervisor will let you know when your final guest count is due)
- After you register the program supervisor will contact you to finalize booking and take first payment
- Extras are available over the phone: Magic Keys, favor bags, food, themed paper products, balloons, and more
Please keep in mind that Fairyland does not allow:
- Glass containers of any kind
- Helium tanks
- Alcoholic beverages
- Open flames (no barbeques, chafing dishes, or portable grills)
- Piñatas (little candies and toys are not good for our animals)
Once your date is booked, we’ll send you an information packet to assist in planning for the celebration.
When are catered birthday parties available?
Fairyland hosts catered birthday parties from April through October only.
Between November and March you may rent the Cinderella Party Area or the Circus for your party. The fee for each area is $40 per hour. Email the programs supervisor at email@example.com to reserve one of our themed party areas.
How much does a catered birthday party cost?
The fee is $23 per child, with a 10-child minimum. Full payment is required at the time of booking. There are no refunds unless the park must close because of unforeseen circumstances, such as inclement weather. Please note: all prices are subject to change without notice.
How do I book a birthday party?
Choose from four ways:
2. Download the PDF form, fill it out, print it, and fax it back to us
Due to the high volume of calls and inquiries we receive, it may take up to 72 hours for our program supervisor to confirm your registration when you fax a form to our office. Our programs supervisor will call you to finalize your booking and party details, however your reservation is not confirmed until you speak to her and your first payment is confirmed.
You can always register online using our online booking software to ensure the date you are looking for is available.
3. Pick up a Catered Birthday Party flier at the park
You may leave your completed registration form with the front office but we cannot book parties on a drop-in basis. It may take up to 72 hours for our program supervisor to confirm your registration when you submit a form to our office. Our programs supervisor will call you to finalize your booking and party details. But your reservation is not confirmed until you speak to her and you receive your receipt of payment and confirmation packet.
4. Call, and we will fax or mail a form to you
Will my card be automatically charged when I submit my form?
No, your card will be charged after you confirm all of the party details with the program supervisor.
Our programs supervisor processes each form in the order in which it is received. We will call you within 72 hours and have a booking conversation. At that time, you will be charged for the full cost of your party, and your reservation will be complete.
Do I receive a discount if I am a Fairyland Member?
Catered Birthday Parties are considered a special event at Children’s Fairyland. The member that is booking the party will need to include, and pay for, the total number of children attending the party regardless of whether those children are members or not. The member paying for the party will receive a 15% discount off the total cost of the party.
May I add extras?
Yes! For small additional fees, we are happy to provide extra items to give your guests the full Fairylandish experience!
- Magic Keys to activate our talking storybook boxes ($3 each—a great keepsake)
- Favor bags in Fairyland, Princess, or Pirate themes
- Additional adult admissions
- Special paper-product themes (Princess and Pirate)
- Kid’s meals and party platters—please email our program supervisor
Please email our program supervisor if you have any questions regarding extra items for sale.
What isn’t allowed?
Fairyland does not permit:
- Glass containers of any kind
- Helium tanks
- Alcoholic beverages of any kind
- Open flames or heating devices (no barbeques, chafing dishes, portable grills or generators)
- Piñatas, confetti and silly string (these items are harmful to all the animals that live at Children’s Fairyland
Where do I park?
Parking is available on Bellevue, near the Fairyland entrance. On Saturdays and Sundays, the City of Oakland charges a parking fee of $5 per car. You may not unload or park your vehicle on the service road. We suggest that you bring a wagon to help transport anything you’re bringing to the party.
I don’t know exactly how many children will attend. May I add to the guest list later?
Yes, you may add extra children at a later time after booking your party. The dates to tell us your final numbers will be listed in your confirmation packet.
Is the birthday child included in the total number of children?
Yes, don’t forget to count your birthday child in the total number of children.
Do you offer full catering?
Yes, we do offer a catering service. Our catering is offered at an affordable price, and, best of all, we do everything for you. All catering orders are due at least seven days in advance of your birthday party. For a menu and more information, please email our program supervisor
What happens if it rains?
Our operations department determines all park closures by 9:30 a.m., based on safety considerations. If your event is rained out, you will receive a call from the programs supervisor as soon as possible after 9:30 a.m.
You’ll have three options:
1. Reschedule your party at Fairyland
2. Pick up your party items and host your party elsewhere (you may use your Fairyland tickets any other day the park is open except during special events)
3. Cancel your party. Once tickets are returned you will receive a refund, minus a $25 processing fee. If all the tickets are not returned, you will only receive a refund for the amount of tickets you return.
May we bring our own food?
Certainly. Just remember to keep it simple—you want to have fun, too! And please note that certain items are never permitted in the park: glass containers of any kind, alcohol of any kind, open flames or heating devices of any kind (barbeques, chafing dishes, portable grills or generators), helium tanks, and piñatas.
May I leave my tickets at the entrance with my guest list?
We regret that we are not able to offer this service. After you book your party, we’ll mail your tickets to you. You may distribute them to your guests in any manner you wish. If you choose to hold on to them, we suggest enlisting a party helper to stand at the gate and hand them to your guests as they arrive.
Is one hour enough time to hold a party in the reserved area?
It’s plenty of time. An hour may not seem like much time to adults, but for kids, it seems like forever—especially when they’re eager to begin playing in a 10-acre storybook amusement park.