Oakland Children’s Fairyland, Inc.
Effective Date: April 12, 2022
Last Updated: April 12, 2022
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our Website, and/or sign up for or enroll in any of our programs or services whether online or in person (“Programs”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Website.
- In e-mail and other electronic messages between you and us.
- When you participate in our Programs, such as by enrolling in a summer camp or sharing a birthday or signing up for our emails, etc.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- use offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from our Website.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website and/or our Programs. By accessing or using our Website, and/or Programs, you agree to this Policy.
1. Territorial Scope
Our Website and the Programs are available for use only in the United States of America (the “U.S.”)
2. Minors and Children Under the Age of 13
While our Programs are intended for minors and children 18 and under, our Website is not directed towards minors and children 18 and under without parental supervision. We do not knowingly collect any information from minors or children under 18 without parental consent in any online manner. We may collect information online about minors and children 18 and under from their parent or guardian, solely in connection with administration of our Programs. We may collect information directly from minors and children under 18 in the administration of our programs, such as during a summer camp or class. We do not collect more information than is reasonably necessary to administer our Programs. For example, we may collect information related to a child’s:
- Date of birth
- Personal preferences, for example, a child’s favorite food, color, animal, or hobby.
Any information we collect about minors or children 18 and under we do not disclose to any third-party, except when it is reasonably necessary to administer our Programs, for example, coordinating with vendors.
You have the right and option to review any information about your child before we collect it. You also have the right and option to direct us to delete information about your child. If you believe we might have any improper information from or about a child under 18, and especially information from or about a child under 13, or information about a child under 18 collected without parental consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
3. Information We Collect About You
We collect Personal Information (defined below) and information that is not Personal Information (“Non-Personal Information,” together with Personal Information, “Information”) regarding our Customers of our Programs. For the purposes of this Policy, “Personal Information” means the information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to a person or a household. We may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, and in those circumstances, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information. We collect several types of Personal Information from and about our Customers of our Website and Programs, including the following information:
- First and Last Name
- Email Address
- Phone Numbers
- Postal Addresses
- Date of Birth
- Photographs or Videos
- Credit Card Information
- Customer Name, Login Name, Screen Name, Social Media Handle
- Geolocation Information
4. How We Collect Your Information
We collect your information from various sources that may include, for example, the following:
- You Directly. Information you provide directly when you use or otherwise interact with our Website and/or enroll or participate in our Programs; contact us; donate to us; or provide us questions, feedback and/or suggestions.
- Your Browser or Device. Information collected automatically as a result of your interaction with us and your use of our Website. The information that we automatically collect, include your IP Address, geolocation information (which may include specific longitude and latitude), time zone, usage times and volume, and information about the device you are using (for example, device type, device ID, characteristics and status, browser type, screen size, internet bandwidth, and operating system and application), language preference, URL click stream, or information that we collect through our marketing activities, We use Google Analytics to collect such data. Terms of Service for Google Analytics are available here: https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html.
We may use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. Our Website requires the use of these cookies to properly operate or provide necessary functions relating to the services you request. They include, for example, cookies enabling you to securely log into our Website. These are persistent cookies that generally last 30 days.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us and our third-party service providers to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us improve how our website works by, for example, ensuring that customers can easily find what they need on our website. These cookies generate aggregate statistics that are not associated with an individualized profile and are persistent cookies that generally last 30 days.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies enable helpful but non-essential website functions that improve your Website experience. By recognizing you when you return to our Website, they may, for example, allow us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, or remember your preferences. These are persistent cookies that generally last 30 days.
- Social Media Networks. Information that your social media network provides to us if you connect your social media account with your Account. For example, this may include your social media ID or username, name, email address, general location, friends list, and demographic information such as gender or birthday/age. Note that certain of the information we receive will become part of your account and will be subject to this Policy.
- Otherwise in accordance with our agreements with you. Information as described elsewhere in this Policy, any applicable terms, or at the time such information is collected.
5. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you, as applicable.
- To provide you with Programs you choose to enroll or participate in.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any additional services that we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To improve your experience.
- To build your profile and associate database for you to properly access our Services and Website.
- Provide customer support.
- Internal record-keeping.
- Market research.
- Investigate, deter, and protect against fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity.
- Inform you about promotions, events, and news related to our Programs and Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- Contact you with respect to our Programs and/or Website.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
6. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our Customers and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect, or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our employees on a need to know basis.
- To our affiliated companies on a need to know basis.
- In anonymized and/or aggregated form to contractors, service providers and other third parties, such as our payment processing partners, we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our Website and Programs, and Customers is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property, or safety of our customers or others.
7. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personal Information unless we provide you with advance notice. However, this does not include website hosting partners and other third parties who assist us in operating our Website, conducting our business, or servicing, so long as those parties agree to keep your information confidential.
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI's website.
8. Third Party Links On Our Site
9. Opt-Out of Communications with Fairyland
- E-mail Contact. You may opt-out of receiving promotional e-mail communication from us by sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by clicking the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of our emails that we send to you. Please note that you will not be able to opt-out of transactional e-mail communication, such as communication related to your account activities.
- Push Notification. You can opt out of receiving push notifications through your device settings. Please note that opting out of receiving push notifications may impact your use of the Website and/or Programs.
10. Deleting your Account
- You may delete your Account by going to the “settings” tab.
- Effect of Deletion/ Deactivation. Except as required by law, Fairyland has no obligation to retain or provide you with copies of your Content, and we do not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to your Content. Upon your deletion of the account, Fairyland reserves the right to delete you Content.
11. Your California Privacy Rights
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside third parties your Personal Information. California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits customers of our Website and/or Programs that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Further, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended (Cal. Civ. Code §§ 1798.100 to 1798.199) (“CCPA”), does not apply to us. If you have any questions or concerns about the CCPA or its non-applicability to us, please do not hesitate to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Data Processing and Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website and/or Programs, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, by encrypting data in transit, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website and/ or Programs. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Data that you provide is hosted on dedicated servers of our third-party partners.
1.1 Fairyland may need to modify the terms of this Policy and we encourage you to review this Policy regularly. In the event, we modify the terms of this Policy, such modifications shall be binding on you only upon your acceptance of the modified Policy. We will inform you about the modifications via email or comparable means within 15 days of making such a modification a reasonable time period. We will also post the modified version on this page and indicate at the top of the page when this Policy was last updated. Your continued use of the Website or the Programs shall constitute your consent to such changes. Your continued use of the Website and/or the Programs means that you accept all modified terms of the Policy.
14. Contact Information
Oakland Children's Fairyland, Inc.
699 Bellevue Avenue
Oakland, CA 94610
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU USE OUR WEBSITE OR PARTICIPATE IN ANY OF OUR PROGRAMS YOU HAVE AGREED TO AND ACCEPTED THE PRACTICES DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY PLEASE DO NOT USE OUR WEBSITE OR PARTICIPATE IN OUR PROGRAMS.